Martha Rankin, our Cohort 5 participant, is being re-assigned from adult ed to elementary.This e-mail message came in on Thursday, June 24, 2010:
Today is my last day as lead administrator at NMUSD Adult School. Today will also be our last day to “keep you posted” on our e-PLC blog http://adultedmatters.wordpress.com.
I have these simple but sincere words to share with my wonderful colleagues at NMUSD Adult School and throughout California Adult Education: Open Letter to our Community ~ Namaste
Some highlighted posts from 2009-10
- Martha’s Year-End Madness Minimizer
- Download Free Resources to Create Career Pathways and Postsecondary Transitions
- Study at Home with FREE Printable GED Practice Tests!
- “Babies are Such a Great Way to Start People” ~ Mandi’s Baby Shower
- Helpful “Adult Learner Persistence” Website
- Study English at Home this Summer with USA Learns
- Free Family Literacy Resource Materials
- Embracing a Blog! ~ Empowering a PLC!!
- Four Year Attendance Trends ~ HSD Program
- NMUSD Adult School ~ Working Together to Close the Achievement Gap
- An Adult Education Newspaper for Social Justice
- Spring 2010 CALPROgress ~ Alignment in Adult Education
- Free Technology Integration Webinars from OTAN!
- Transitioning Adult Learners to College
- Goal Setting and Reflection ~ A Daily Practice
- Advocating for Public Policy that Supports Adult Literacy
- How to Administer WIA II Federal Programs in a High-Stakes Environment
- ESL & ABE Class Evaluation Results
- The Power (and Point) of Persistence
- Things You Need…First 2 Weeks of Class!
- SpellingCity + SMARTBoard = Seriously Simple
- What the Data Says about our Managed Enrollment Program
- Student Council Starts 01/27/10
- “The Purpose of Education” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Virtual Workroom for Multilevel ESL Instructors
- Site Council / WASC Work ~ December 16
- Getting to Common Formative Assessments
- Using CASAS as a Common Formative Assessment (SAY WHAT?)
- Site Council Commits to Forward-Looking Mission
- Digesting the Latest Info on CA Adult Education
- Student Transfer Policy and Procedure
- CASAS ~ Paired Scores & Average Gains are UP!
- NMUSD Adult School Needs YOU!
- Our NMUSD Adult School Attendance Policy
- Reflecting on Our Mission and Beliefs
- Individual Development Plan, 2009-2010
- STEP Forward (Sub Teacher Essentials Packet)
- Opening Up to Managed Enrollment
- Emergency Preparedness, 2009
- Office Assistant Certificate Program
- Revised ESL Pacing Plans and Testing Calendar
- New Managed Enrollment Plan for ESL Classes
Blog stats as of 06/24/10Total views: 132,491Posts: 441Comments: 666
NMUSD Adult School
Our blog / e-PLC: http://adultedmatters.wordpress.com/
Our website: http://adulted.nmusd.us/
Costa Mesa, CA
|Martha, Katlheen, Donna and Shin at TIMAC training in May 2009|