Saturday, November 20, 2010

Blair's Site Visit with Michael L. at Montgomery Adult School

I had a great visit with Michael L. at Montgomery Adult School in the Sweetwater Union High School District in San Diego. Michael met me in his classroom where he teaches and works with his vision study participants. At first glance, it looks like a regular classroom but as he starting showing me around, I realized there was more than meets the eye. Michael showed me the laptop with the vision software that the participating students use as part of his project. There were several more computers set up and waiting to have software installed to expand the number of computers they can use for his special instruction.

Michael proudly showed me that he had his TIMAC binder with him, chocked full of important papers, and looking well worn as he takes it everywhere!

Michael has been putting his wiki training that he learned at TIMAC to fast use by creating several wikis for his staff, mentees and students. He regularly updates his vision project wiki, MOAVisionProgram, to document his progress, provide valuable links and information for and about his mentees, and student testimonials.
He introduced me to Adriana Sanchez-Aldana, his administrator, who along with the Sweetwater Union High School District, has been supporting and encouraging Michael with his project. I also met one of his students, Laura, who was glowing with enthusiasm for her accomplishments and success after working with Michael and his vision plan. It was nice to see firsthand the result of Michael's work with one of his students.


Update on 02/07/2010
Hello Blair I want to inform you that I have been named "Teacher of the Year" at Montgomery Adult School. I want to thank you and the TIMAC program for all the training and motivation you have provided which was an integral part of my success this school year thus far. Michael

No comments: