|Teresa and Ian discussing their "Road Maps"|
The focus of Day 3 mentoring skills workshop was overcoming resistance as well as giving
effective feedback to mentees. Another topic covered was establishing evaluation tools to
document the progress and results of the technology integration projects undertaken this year.
During our face-to-face meeting that Friday, TIMAC participants finalized the articulation of
their project for this year and are ready to implement it in the next few months.
They will be given continued support by the support mentors and will meet with fellow TIMAC
participants in a regional meeting in March and online in April. In May they will present about
|Mike enjoying sharing and learning in the lab|
forwarding, among many ot her features – to create a tool that carries immense potential for
In the introductory activity that day we identified a number of areas where TIMACers need
|Leif working on his project plan|
- Time management tips
- Grant/funding sources
- Downloading videos and using videos in lessons
- Weebly user group – a few projects this year have as their goal to create a Web site, and Weebly.com offers free server space for their basic plan and is relatively easy to use. Those TIMACers who are using this tool will meet in online user groups to support each other.
During our Day 3 meeting we also discussed Cohort 7 members’ participation in upcoming
conferences. One more goal of TIMAC is to have current participants attend and present at an
adult education conference. The hope is that, if agencies have the funds available, they will
consider sending the TIMAC participant at least one of the upcoming conferences:
- Technology and Distance Learning Symposium, February 25-26, 2011, Hacienda LaPuente Adult Education http://www.otan.us/tdlsymposium/
- CUE, March 17-19, 2011, Palm Springs http://www.cue.org/conference
- CATESOL 2011: The Art and Passion of Language Teaching, April 7-10, 2011, LongBeach, CA http://catesol2011.org/
- COABE (Commission on Adult Basic Education) & CCAE (California Council for Adult Education) joint Conference, Literacy to Work, Adult Education for a Global Economy, April 16- 21, 2011, San Francisco http://www.ccaecoabe2011.com
- CASAS Summer Institute, June 14-16, 2011 San Diego https://www.casas.org/si/
|SoCal folks leaving for the airport|
presentations by Cohort 7 TIMAC participants and their fellow Cohort 7 members.
more photos available on TIMAC's online photo album